Replacing the roof on homes or other structures is a time-consuming process for many homeowners. Roof Replacements in Carver MA are also necessary processes in order to ensure protection for the home. When the time comes to replace the home’s roof, it is important for the homeowner to know what steps are required in order to get the job done correctly. An easy way to follow the process is by hiring a roofing contractor.
- Protection. The first step to repairing a roof is ensuring the entire property is protected. Property protection includes covering any siding, walls, and landscape.
- Removal. Following protecting the property, the contractor will then remove all of the old shingles. Removing the shingles is necessary for inspecting the wood decking.
- Inspection. Inspecting the decking is important to verify whether any soft, wet or rotted wood is present. Any decking material that shows signs of damage needs to be replaced immediately; as a solid base for the roof ensures the shingles will stay intact.
- Preparation. Once all of the old shingles have been removed and the decking has been inspected and replaced, the contractor will begin to prepare the roof surface for shingles. Many contractors will install a drip edge as the first step. A drip edge prevents rain from getting underneath the roofing material along the edges. The second step is to install a water and ice shield. A water and ice shield is a type of roof underlayment that adheres to the wood decking; preventing water leaks. The final step is to cover the entire roof with roofing felt. Roofing felt prevents any shingles from sticking to the wood.
- Material installation. Once the roof has been prepared properly, the contractor will then lay down the new roofing material. When all of the required materials have been placed, a final inspection will be performed, ensuring it is done correctly.
Contact a Roofing Contractor
By understanding the process, homeowners will be able to familiarize themselves with the different roofing materials and identify what to avoid. It is important to ask plenty of questions and research the steps for replacing the roof. By doing so, a successful replacement can take place. To schedule an appointment with a reliable contractor, Click Here today.